Set Decorating - "Children of the Air"

Here is "Children of the Air"
I was the set decorator for this short.
I only have a few stills from the movie, the rest are shots the photographer took during production.  The leading lady in this short is Katheryn Winnick who can can watch on the show Vikings!

You can watch the trailer by clicking below:

Here's a still of the lead actress' loft space.  Art department started with a completely blank space, white walls, completely clean slate.  I decorated this whole room.  Hung string lights, painted walls, put shelves up, made lamp shades for lights, added water and coloring to bottles on windowsill, mosaic tiled the coffee table in the foreground, put decor in the shelving and just helped create the overall tone.


This was the party on the roof scene.  We hung the string lights so the camera could shoot from different angles and the sky would always be twinkling.  I made sure everyone had drinks and had beverage in them. I set dressed all the plants in the background, they were on the other side of the roof and I moved them over to fill in the space we were shooting and give it life.

I adhered the fabric to the walls.  They were a cream color, I took teal fabric and attached it to the wall with a flour and water mixture.  I painted the wicker balls that are hanging, as well as hung them.  I brought my own personal photography to dress the walls with art.  


This is the bathroom of the lead actress' loft space.  We built flats, rented a tub and painted the flats crazy, but tried to keep it artistic. We kept it in an "under the sea" theme since the movie was conceptually based on Hans Christian Andersen's "Little Mermaid".

A mirror we attached in the bathroom.

A small corner of a giant bedroom I decorated.  I hung the art, put the decor on the nightstand and added the lamp.