Interior Decorating - On a Budget

Here's an apartment I decorated.
The concept was modern, clean lines, monotone.

This is a before picture of the living room and bookshelf.

Here's a before picture of the bedroom.

Here's after; I kept most of the walls white to give it a stark, clean, modern look.
I kept it very monochromatic and had only one accent color, red.

I wanted the bookshelf to be very minimalist. 
I added only clear glass, black or silver decor to accent the pictures and books that were already there.

I added this nook right by the front door to give the client a way to keep track of his keys and other things in his pockets.  I kept it simple and gave him as many ways to organize as possible.

I added on accent wall that was slate grey.  I had the black leather couch as a base to work with, so I added some art work, accent (red), funky pillows to mix it up, a low modern coffee table and I changed out the blinds on the accent wall to break up space.

I wanted the bedroom to be comfy so I painted it a chocolate brown.  I kept everything else in the room monochromatic.  I brought in different textures and shades of brown and grey in the bedding.  I kept the artwork very minimal.  I added very little decor to the bookshelf, but enough to break up space and give it a little touch of the "lived in" feel.