Interior Decorating - Mix&Match

Here's some decorating I did.
This apartment made it onto apartment therapy.


I created a little sewing corner by the window.
I wanted to keep the kitchen warm and happy.

I thought the bathroom needed some color so instead of painting the walls I used an accent.  I painted the closet doors robins egg blue.  I added in decor wherever there was a little space to add.

The couch was the staple in this room.  I worked around it incorporating funky colors that played off the orange.  I added eclectic art to the walls to keep up with the theme of the rest of the apartment.  I added decor in the bookshelf to break up space, instead of all books.  The carpet really tied it all together.

I loved that the countertops were bright blue ceramic and the floor was terracotta.  Since there was a good base to start with I added elements to the countertop to just give little accents.

I painted the wall lime green because I thought it was funky.  It went with the retro yellow color I painted the dresser.  The concept for the wall was to make it more of a collage/vignette of images.